Dual SiC MOSFET Driver Reference Design by Microsemi
Microsemi's MSCSICMDD/REF1 is designed to provide a reliable reference driver solution, a means of evaluating SiC MOSFETs in a number of different topologies, and a means to assess device performance for parametric test purposes. The new evaluation board requires only a +24 V power input and is optimized to drive SiC devices at a high speed with desaturation protection.
- Requires only a 24 V power input.
- Adjustable –5 V, 20 V output gate drive.
- Galvanic isolation of more than 2000 V on both gate drivers.
- Capable of 6 W of gate drive power/side (8 W with modification).
- Peak output current of up to 30 A.
- Maximum switching frequency greater than 400 KHz.1
- Single-ended or RS485/RS422 differential input gate control.
- Shoot through (short-circuit) protection.
- ±100 KV/μS capability.
- Programmable dead time protection.
- Fault signaling.
- Under voltage lockout protection.